Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import SHP help

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
petelien
480 Views, 8 Replies

Import SHP help

Hi, 

I am using civil 2014 and i have imported a shp file into my dwg, i made sure that coordinate systems were the same then i imported it. It is in the wrong location. It doesn't line up with the world imagery background i inserted into my dwg. Any idea which setting or units or anything i need to have checked, unchecked. Or is there a better way to do this so its in the correct location?

Thanks,

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
tcorey
in reply to: petelien

What method did you use to import the imagery?

Post the shp/shx/dbf and image with world file.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 9
petelien
in reply to: tcorey

I typed in mapimport. changed the file type to shp. and then made sure the coordinate system said utm zone 13 and checked import polygons as closed ploylines. in the attribute data i checked create object data, click ok and ok. I cannot post files on here. sorry. 

thanks for any help!

Message 4 of 9
tcorey

Without the files, I can't help you further. Sorry.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 9
entropist

It sounds like either the shapefile or the image (or both) did not insert to the correct coordinates.

If you turn on the geomap feature, you'll get a quick (and somewhat approximate) check of where things should be in your coordinate system.

Message 6 of 9
petelien
in reply to: entropist

when i turn that on it does nothing, just a black backgorund. I have talked with esri and check the coordinate system to my shapefile and that is all correct, they told me it was an autocad issue.

Message 7 of 9
antoniovinci

Monsieur Petelien,

please copy and paste here the content of the PRJ file, merci beaucoup.

Message 8 of 9
Murph_Map

What coordinate system is the image in? Using Mapiinsert to insert the image does not reproject/transform the image. Try setting the dwg corrdinate system to match the image, insert the image then import the shp file. 

OR

Use FDO Data connect and map3d will transform both the image and shp file to your dwg provided the world file for the image is there and the prj file for the same is in the same folder as the shp file(s).

Murph
Supporting the troops daily.
Message 9 of 9
rkmcswain
in reply to: Murph_Map

Yes, what Murph said!

Use FDO to import the image and the shape file data.
R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report