AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
alb01
Message 1 of 6 (212 Views)

Import Microdrainage - Parts list missing

212 Views, 5 Replies
07-17-2013 06:40 AM

I have created a drainage network in Civils 3d and exported it to WinDes Mircrodrainage.  Once i completed the drainage design i.e. invert levels etc i clicked 'project export' and saved as a FWS file. 

When I return to Civils 3D and import the microdrainage - see attachement the part list pull down menu is empty.  any ideas?

I have labelled the pipes using the microdrainage numbering tool, i have part lists in exisitance (i found them in the setting tab of the tool box.

Thanks

Civils 3d.jpg

OwenPro
Message 2 of 6 (114 Views)

Re: Import Microdrainage - Parts list missing

02-19-2014 01:25 AM in reply to: alb01

Alb,

I too am having this same issue. Did you ever find a solution? 

Thanks

Owen

Toby_Nicks
Message 3 of 6 (108 Views)

02-19-2014 01:46 AM in reply to: OwenPro

Hi both,

Have you checked that the pipe catalogue is defined in home>create design>set pipe network catalogue? And that you've created a network parts list which is also defined in the network properties?

I've been using the WinDES imports for a little while now and it does have it's issues but I've not come across this particular problem?

Cheers,

Toby

OwenPro
Message 4 of 6 (101 Views)

02-19-2014 04:11 AM in reply to: Toby_Nicks

Thanks for the quick reply Toby, I tried your advice but it was to no avail.

To clarify, I am using Civil 3D 2014. The solution/workaround I found, was to open up my drawing in Civil 3D 2013, where the command works just as it should.

I assume the Autodesk guys (Jack Strongitharm, I'm looking at you), are still working on it for 2014.

Toby_Nicks
Message 5 of 6 (95 Views)

02-19-2014 04:46 AM in reply to: OwenPro
Should have mentioned I'm using 2013!

I was hoping they would have fixed the various bugs which have popped up rather than creating new ones...

Cheers,
Toby
Distinguished Contributor
alb01
Message 6 of 6 (84 Views)

02-20-2014 05:20 AM in reply to: Toby_Nicks

Hi Guys,

looks as if this still hasen't been resolved for 2014. I will still leave as active

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs