AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Distinguished Contributor
dmmeehan
Message 1 of 3 (157 Views)
Accepted Solution

Import GIS then export to Autocad

157 Views, 2 Replies
12-12-2012 12:47 PM

I have just had a coworker import some GIS data in shp format. Then had him exporttoacad so that I can use the file in Vanilla autocad. When I open the file, there is nothing there. How can I get this data into Vanilla autocad?

*Expert Elite*
TRogers
Message 2 of 3 (147 Views)

Re: Import GIS then export to Autocad

12-12-2012 01:45 PM in reply to: dmmeehan

If you import (MAPIMPORT) a .shp file, it is already linework.  You should not have to export it back out to AutoCAD.  If you do a FDO connection with a .shp file, you can click the Maps button and select Save as AutoCAD Drawing.

If the issue was resolved by this method, please click on "Accept As Solution"
*Civil 3DJ*
Todd Rogers

Visit my blog here.

Distinguished Contributor
dmmeehan
Message 3 of 3 (144 Views)

Re: Import GIS then export to Autocad

12-12-2012 01:50 PM in reply to: TRogers

That worked like a charm...

I had made the FDO. Then tried an export to acad.

Thanks

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs