Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing .STB plot style

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
dstat13
770 Views, 7 Replies

Implementing .STB plot style

I'm with a new company and their .ctb template is very out of date so I'm just going to convert to a .stb plot style. I have the NCS standard .stb file and I set it as the default plot style. However, the plot styles for layers are still by color and can't be changed. What do I need to do to implement the .stb plot style in the current drawing?

Thanks,
-Dan
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: dstat13

CONVERTPSTYLES

"dstat13" wrote in message news:6390172@discussion.autodesk.com...
> I'm with a new company and their .ctb template is very out of date so I'm
> just going to convert to a .stb plot style. I have the NCS standard .stb
> file and I set it as the default plot style. However, the plot styles for
> layers are still by color and can't be changed. What do I need to do to
> implement the .stb plot style in the current drawing?
>
> Thanks,
> -Dan
Message 3 of 8
dstat13

yea I tried that. It brings up a list of .stb files to choose from and I select the NCS standard. Then a message says the NCS standard file doesn't have a color mapping table and can't be used to convert drawings.
Message 4 of 8
tschau3

It's been a while since I've done this but I think you need to use CONVERTCTB command which will convert a ctb of your choosing into a named plot style (stb). This won't affect the original ctb. It basically creates a copy of it as an stb file. You can name it "convert.stb." Then go ahead with the CONVERTPSTYLES command selecting your new "convert.stb" that you just created.

Edited by: tschau3@hotmail.com on May 12, 2010 10:53 AM Edited by: tschau3@hotmail.com on May 12, 2010 10:58 AM
Message 5 of 8
dstat13

Alright I did that. Now I have a .stb style with random lineweights. How do I get that to the line weights in the NCS .stb file? Do I just have to manually input them into the convert.stb file?
Message 6 of 8
tschau3

That was basically for the conversion process. You should now have an stb drawing. Can you now plot with your NCS.stb?
Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Once you have your drawing converted to STB, attach the NCS.stb file and map
the layers to it. You will have to do this for every CTB based drawing.

wrote in message news:6390235@discussion.autodesk.com...
Alright I did that. Now I have a .stb style with random lineweights. How
do I get that to the line weights in the NCS .stb file? Do I just have to
manually input them into the convert.stb file?
Message 8 of 8
omc-usnr

I've never played with the stb plot style. Is there a C3d NCS template that is stb based, or would you have to convert the ctb to stb & save as a new template?

Thanks
Reid

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report