Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INTERSECTION VERTICAL PROFILE PROBLEM

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
Melce
801 Views, 8 Replies

INTERSECTION VERTICAL PROFILE PROBLEM

Hello. I'm trying to make an intersection by manual ways. I create main/side road alightment, offsets and profiles. Although i setup the targets, when i create corridor there is vertical gap between the side road and main road (pic1 and pic2).  What am I doing wrong ?

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
sboon
in reply to: Melce

Can't really diagnose the problem from the pictures.  Can you upload the drawing for us to look at?

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 9
Joe-Bouza

I would split the region highlighted in plan and divide the tagets between side road and eop?
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 9
Melce
in reply to: sboon

Thank you for your help. Because of drawing file exceeds the maximum file size i uploaded  to another site.

Please click here for download the drawing file.

Message 5 of 9
Niels_Aecom

I had a similar issue when I had 1 region targeting both the centerline of the side road and edge of carriage way of the main road. Splitting the region in 2 solved this.
Message 6 of 9
sboon

There seems to be a problem with the profiles you're using to control the curb return elevations where they are in contact with the edges of the main roads.  You have an alignment controlling the width of the main road pavement, but the profile is an offset from the centerline.  I deleted those profiles and replaced them with new ones along the offset alignments, cut through the road top surface. 

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 7 of 9
Melce
in reply to: sboon

Woow it works 🙂 . Thank you very much.

Message 8 of 9
krzysztof.psujek

Hi, I don't want to create a new topic because there are here on the forum, similar to my problems.

When I've created simple corridor (I only want to have a surface) with target profile I got not proper results (as it's showed on the picture).

After searching on old posts I found possible reason and checked it but this haven't solve problem.

I create two separate corridors one uses LinkVertical subassembly and the second uses LinkOffsetAndElevation subass.

As a target I set prepared profile, 

I've tried build corridor along main profile and as a target for the elevation set right TOpProfile

and also create the same corrdior along TopProfile - in this case result is better.

What could be a reason?

I've noticed that when do it on a small part without gap the result is better (profile of created surface and target profile is covered in 100%).

What is the best way to deal with it.

I'have TOP and BOTTOM profiles and have to create surfaces based on it. want to do it with one simple corridor but my tests failed.

ChrisTargetProfiles.png

Message 9 of 9

OK, I figured it out.

LinkOffsetAndElevation works fine when I do a really small frequency and create separate corridors along my target profiles.

In other ways there is always some differrences.

Chris.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report