Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

INFILL GRADING : DISAPEARING INFILLS

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Joe-Bouza
431 Views, 3 Replies

INFILL GRADING : DISAPEARING INFILLS

I have come up with a correlation to disappearing infills that involves dynamically linked feature lines. I seems if I remove the dynamic links to the profiles the infills remain stable.

Can someone test that theory?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

What profiles are linked to what?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks for chiming in, John.
I have become fond of infill grading instaed of adding a 100 FL to a surface definition I create grading closure and infill.

An example of what I do: I inclose the site with an approximate daylight point with an alignment>> profile EG >> get FL from alignment. Then as if the daylight point wants to adjust I can move the alignment and not have to remeber the update FL els from surface. The same for say the back of sw  auto FL from a corridor.

It all works great until those auto FL seek an update>> instead of updating the infill it deletes them. Typically I have to run an audit and reapply.

So if I make those static the infills are stable, and remain stable upon manual updates.

I think the workflow is sound. any ideas?

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

My thoughts are that I did a project two months ago in 13 that had a bunch of curb islands infilled. Even without a corridor or linked FLines/profiles I lost a number of the infills. 😮

Send me an example file to recreate in my template if you can.

John Mayo

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report