Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydraflow Storm Sewers Extension 2011: Flow Calculation Error

10 REPLIES 10
SOLVED
Message 1 of 11
rdisacks
3477 Views, 10 Replies

Hydraflow Storm Sewers Extension 2011: Flow Calculation Error

Does anyone use this program much or know of any bugs? I keep getting a "flow calculation error". I have entered known Q's into the pipes. I even simplified my system to just a straight line of 4 oversized pipes, 4 structures, and an outfall and it still gives me an error......

The error states:  "An error occurred during flow calculations on Line 3.  Please check line Flow Data and/or IDF-curves for integrity."

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: rdisacks

Have you run the analysis?  When you hit run, at the bottom of the screen, change the HGL to "Normal".  See if this helps.  If you like, attach the .stm file here and I will take a look at it for you.

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 11
rdisacks
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Yes, I have run the analysis. I simplified the system to be very basic, just two pipes and two structures and the outfall and am still getting a flow calculation error. However, I run a full flow analysis it works...but I want to know my user entered flows. I'm thinkinh there is something very basic that I'm just not seeing.....

I have attached my simple system set-up....take a look. Thanks

Message 4 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM

Ok.  Your first line has a Known Q of 0.  Also, there are no Drainage Areas specified.  And lastly, you will need to specify a Runoff Coeffient.  Usual grass areas use 0.55 for Runoff Coeff.

Todd Rogers
Message 5 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM

I have attached your .stm file.  Just an example of what it should look like.  I ran the analysis and it was fine.  Remember when you run the analysis, to change the starting HGL to Normal.  See pic...

4-4-2012 8-46-10 AM.png

Todd Rogers
Message 6 of 11
rdisacks

I thought on Line 2, I had a user entered flow. Also, I was under the impression if I manually enter the flow for the pipe, then I don't have to mess with adding the C*I*A data...Thanks

Message 7 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM

I wish it was that easy Smiley Happy

Todd Rogers
Message 8 of 11
rdisacks

I know. I have all my contributing areas to each of the pipes already calculated in my non-simple design file. I just want to know my HGL profile. Could I manipulate the IDF file so it produces very low/negligable flows and still put in user-entered flows?

Message 9 of 11
ToddRogers-WPM

You will need to adjust your cfs (cubic feet per second) for that.

Todd Rogers
Message 10 of 11

OR you can adjust the IDF's.  Sorry, busy day...lol.

Todd Rogers
Message 11 of 11
rdisacks

Thanks. I entered the local values for the 10-yr event into the IDF table for the major system I'm working on and everything seems to be working.... when I select the 10-yr event when I run it. No errors. And the HGL profiles seem to make sense. Although, I didn't enter in any Areas, Tc's, and C's for the pipes. It seems to be using the "Known Q" value that I've entered and everything seems to be adding up in the results table

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report