Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydraflow Storm Sewer System Outfall Q

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
bjohnson14
1076 Views, 2 Replies

Hydraflow Storm Sewer System Outfall Q

I am using the Hydraflow Storm Sewers Extension 2012 and I keep getting different Q's at the outfall depending on the calclulation option I choose.  It seems like I need to toggle "Analysis w/Design" and then toggle "Reset Pipe Sizes" to get the system outfall Q.  If I only toggle "Analysis w/ Design" the Q drops drastically.  Does anyone know the proper Calculation option to get a system Q at the outfall for a given event if you only want to analyze the system without making changes?  Thanks!!

Tags (1)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: bjohnson14

Do you have any surcharged structures? The flow will pond at that point until it can continue to flow through the system reducing your max Q.

Alternatively, that flow might be lost from the system, off the top of my head, I can't remember which.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 3 of 3
bjohnson14
in reply to: BrianHailey

Thanks for the response. I just figured out what it was. I did not have flow in an inlet and that was messing with the whole system. It now computes correctly. Thanks again.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report