Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hydraflow- Import pipes all 12"

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
katieellsworth5509
843 Views, 10 Replies

Hydraflow- Import pipes all 12"

Help-
When I import my hydraflow xml file into C3D 09 all the pipes come in 12" and all the structures come in as the first in the parts list as well. Then when I try to swap the part on any of the pipe segments or the structures there is nothing in the list. I know they are in the parts list because I originally drew the layout in cad then exported it to xml file to design, size, ect. in hydraflow and i can still see them in the parts list in the settings. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Katie
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

nevermind i got it
Message 3 of 11

For those who stumble upon this question:

The answer is that today, the LandXML import used the Standard Part List for the creation of the pipes.

The workaround is to reset the parts list for that network before you swap your parts.
Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
in reply to: katieellsworth5509

Thanx. 🙂

--
John Mayo, PE
Project Engineer
Conklin
Associates
Ramsey, NJ

Civil 3D 2008 SP2, LDT 2008 SP2, Raster Design 2008
P-IV at 3.5 GHz
GB Ram
Nvidea Quadro FX w/ 128 MB Ram

style="PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
For
those who stumble upon this question:

The answer is that today,
the LandXML import used the Standard Part List for the creation of the pipes.

The workaround is to reset the parts list for that network
before you swap your parts.
Message 5 of 11

Were you able to import and export using custom styles?  I am still having this problem as every pipe imported is 12" and structure styles are not correct.  When I import the network it changes the style to a default network style, but not the Standard style.

Message 6 of 11

Jason -

You will need to set the correct style in the Part List.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 7 of 11

Thanks Matt, looks like that will fix it.  One more question - will Hydraflow always default to RCP? Is there a way to get it to use PVC/other pipe materials?

PS I worked at JAS in '04 and '05, would you happen to be the Matt Anderson that was there?

Message 8 of 11

Jason -

Yes, I am that Matt Anderson.

As for Hydraflow default - the only number it knows is the Mannings value.  Your parts in Civil 3D should have the appropriate Mannings value based on the material you are using.  Those Mannings values are transferred to Hydraflow and SSA via the STM file.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 9 of 11
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Matt.Anderson

Pardon My density, but how does one reset the part list, and what do you mean by before swapping parts? I want storm sewers and c3d to swap the parts on update, no?

I see I can edit standard to include my other required pipe size. Does the work-around allow for my own partlist?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 10 of 11
Matt.Anderson
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Joe -

Prior to importing your storm sewer design, you want to check the following:

1. Parts List that contains your parts.

2. Command Settings for ImportStormSewerData

a. Part matching Defaults

b. Part List used

c. For 2012 ONLY Allow Part Family Swapping & Use Imported Part Id for Part Family.

Those two later item provide an additional level of control not available in 2011.

Matthew Anderson, PE CFM
Product Manager
Autodesk (Innovyze)
Message 11 of 11

Thanks Matt, I keep those tips on the top of the pile. Smiley Very Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report