Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to turn off border on surface?

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
inquired619
3138 Views, 6 Replies

How to turn off border on surface?

So I have an existing surface set up, and want to show the contours and everything else, but not the outside border.  I went to the style settings and set the display exterior and interior borders to "false" and also turned off the "visible" light under the display tab for the border.  I even turned off the layer that the border is on (C-TINN-BNDY).  But my border still shows.  Am I missing something?  THanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
wfberry
in reply to: inquired619

If you are working with the surface, you need the boundary for calculations, therefore I go to Layer Properties Manager and set C-Tinn-Bndy to"NO-Plot".

Bill

Message 3 of 7
jrasd

I know this may sound silly, but if you have data ref'd this surface from another drawing, and the drawing that contains the surface is being xref'd, you'll need to turn off the border in the xref.

Jon
AutoCAD C3D 2014, SP1
Win7 - 64bit
Message 4 of 7
inquired619
in reply to: jrasd

Thanks Jon. It's data referenced and live in my drawing.  Bill, I dropped that layer on a no-plot and it's still showing up.  Any other suggestions?

Message 5 of 7
wfberry

You probably have that layer name on more than one location.  Check the layers in the reference(s) as well.  

OR

Perhaps you have the boundary on a different layer.

Bill

Message 6 of 7
bangeloguedes

I think what you are looking for is explained in a YouTube tutorial video. Since we can't post YouTube links on this forum, try looking up "Remove boundary line from Civil3D surface" by CAD and Stuff channel.

Exact explanation time: 1:25

Summary: Right click your Surface on Prospector and open Surface Properties. Under Surface Style, click on edit (one of the options in the drop down). On the Display tab, turn borders "off".

Message 7 of 7
andrewF6XTU
in reply to: bangeloguedes

This worked great. Thank you. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report