Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show pavement lip at edge

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
kstephens
766 Views, 4 Replies

How to show pavement lip at edge

I am new to Civil 3D and I need help with depicting pavement edges in my corridor. The pavement I am designing requires a 1.5" pavement lip at the edge. I have used several different subassemblies including the vertical link. For some reason, once I use these subassemblies and try to run it through my assembly, the contours do not match on either side of the pavement. The crown is not consistent like it is in the subassembly and the pavement lips edges along the alignment are not consistent with each other. Any help you can give me on this would be great. Thanks.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
T_Bernhard
in reply to: kstephens

I came across this problem a while back. I found in the end that because the two points - the LOP (the edge of wear surface is what we're talking about, right?) and the edge of gravel - were in the same XY location but at different elevations, Civil 3D didn't know which level to use for the TIN and was pretty random about which one it picked at each location. In the end, I ignored the lip (15mm in my case - negligible under the circumstances) and just put the two points at the same level.

However, if you can't ignore it, could I suggest you place a constant generic subassembly from the LOP 1.5" down and 0.1" out to put a space between your lip and the next subassembly. This puts a space between the two XY points and the link means that the outer one still relates to elevation changes to the inner one.

HTH,
Trevor
Message 3 of 5
kstephens

Ok, that works. I hate the way the assembly looks but I guess it gets the job done. Thanks.
Message 4 of 5
T_Bernhard

Hate the way it looks? Personally I used (in my little experiment) the LinkSlopeandVerticalDeflection SA at -0.015m VD, 5000% slope and set Omit Link to Yes so that it didn't show up. The gap between the lane and the shoulder is 0.0008m - less than a millimeter. If I zoom out to see the entire section, I can't see that link at all.

Or am I missing something?

Trevor
Message 5 of 5
kstephens

Thanks, the linkslopeandverticaldeflection SA looks alot better. Thanks alot.

Kyle

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report