Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to "Bend" a 2D section

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
DS00
802 Views, 2 Replies

How to "Bend" a 2D section

Hey guys, Well, I've been drawing this 3D structure with CIVIL 3D - 3D Modeling and I came to this issue. Let me see if I can explain myself correctly: I have a structure with a curved axis (plant axis) and I have this section from the same axis (longitudinal profile). The section changes through the axis path. What I want is to "bend" the section and move it to the axis so I can extrude it to make a slab with the cut section mentioned above. Basically is that I have this figure (of the slab section) on a 2D plan and I want to bend it and move it to the curved axis of the structure. I dont even know how can I ben a simple rectangle into a curved path, like bending a sheet of paper into a specific curve. May be that'll help for a start. I hope I've expressed myself clearly. Thanks in advance! Cheers.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Citadel2012
in reply to: DS00

I think if you could post some pictures it would help greatly.

in reply to: DS00

This might be appropriate for a corridor model, but I think that you would be better off using the basic ACad functions for this.  Check the help files for the EXTRUDE or LOFT commands.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report