Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make a tunnel subassembly with a surface target?

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
absandy
11484 Views, 11 Replies

How to make a tunnel subassembly with a surface target?

Hello guys, good morning

I'm with a big problem, i've to make a tunnel on my project. I get some subassembly on web but all the tunnel subassemblies have the target point on Width or Offset Target and Slop or Elevation Target. I don't know whats happens but only my region that owns the tunnel subassemblie isn't recognizing on corridor, and isn't drawing on my sections too.
I'm looking on the web a long of time, and never found a answer. Plz friends help me 😃

I'm sending the tunnels subassemblies

Waiting guys

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
tcorey
in reply to: absandy

I don't fully understand your question, but I can tell you that I downloaded your subassemblies and was able to make a corridor. It shows up on the section plots just fine.

Are you creating an assembly and then attaching the subassembly to that before you create the corridor? That's the only thing I can think you might be missing.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 12
absandy

Hello Tim, i take a print screen to show you
My subassemblies DaylightBench are targeting on surface, but the Tunnel is targeting on width or offset targets / slope or elevation targets, like the screen 

Sem título 2.jpg

The subassembly Tunnel isn't interpolating with the surface Primitivo, like this other screen Sem título 2.jpg

I want to target the tunnel subassembly on surface Primitivo, like the subassembly DaylightBench
Thx for help.

Message 4 of 12
tcorey

Are you saying you want the insertion of the subassembly to follow that surface? If that's the question, insert your tunnel subassy at the marker point of the assembly. Use a surface profile of that surface as the control profile for the region that uses this particular tunnel subassembly.

Or maybe you're asking that some other point on the subassembly is not allowing you to set a target? Let me know exactly which point needs to follow a target and I will take a look at the packet file for you.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 5 of 12
absandy

Hey Tim, is really it, i'm trying to put my tunnel subassembly on a surface target, but the only options of target is width or offset and slope or elevation. The DaylightBench link on surface, i want the same on tunnel subassembly get it? I know that i can change the target point on subassembly composer, but i don't have this expansion. My question is, how can i target my subassembly tunnel on surface, how to change the target point of width or offset and slope or elevation to surface target.

Thx for help man

Message 6 of 12
doni49

If I'm reading this correctly, it SOUNDS like he wants to have the tunnel targe the Surface but the SA is setup to target an offset alignment or maybe a specific elevation. 

I think there's a language barrier happening here.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 12
doni49

Here's one of your subassemblies opened in SA Composer.

Which point do you want to have target the surface?

ABSandy.png

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 8 of 12
absandy

Hello Doni, I want to target all the boundary of the subassembly, wanna make a hole on my surface, get it ? And compute the cut of this hole. It's possible? 

Message 9 of 12
doni49

Are you saying that you want the corridor to stop when it reaches the ground?  As in the tunnel travels along the alignment and when the surface slopes back down enough so that ANY of these points/links touch the surface it ends the tunnel?  i.e. the tunnel ENTRANCE and EXIT

If that's the case, I'll have to defer to the experts here.

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 12
absandy
in reply to: doni49

Hey Doni, look at these DRIVE prints man, as you can see my tunnel assembly ins't targeting on my surface, unlike the other assembly. I just wanna that my tunnel assembly target at surface like the assembly of the channel.

Túnel 00.png

Túnel 01.png

Túnel 02.png

Thx for help man

Message 11 of 12
ppscade

Hi All,

I need to start a TIM - Tunnel Information Model [ Snip attached ] please share expert advise. If anyone has used TIM please the Workflow Pros & Cons.

Pritpal

Tags (1)
Message 12 of 12
reimasha

Hello buddy, did you found any solution for your target surface? I see the others didn't understand exactly that all you wanted was just the cut area of tunnel excavation along the alignment. Subassembly composer can calculate it from your subassemblies but you had to use codes on all your points not just links. The remaining problem is that excavated surface must close exactly at tunnel shape so the target must be the outer shape itself.

I hope you have found any solution with composer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report