Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to lengthen an alignment sub-entity (segment)?

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
croberts97
604 Views, 3 Replies

How to lengthen an alignment sub-entity (segment)?

I am trying to lengthen a sub-entity of an alignment.  For the life of me I cannot figure out how to do this.  I am a land surveyor.  The alignments are usually given to us from engineers in basic CAD format (often .dgn) and then created using the "create alignment from objects" command.

When checking the alignment, sometimes I will need to adjust the length of one segment (sub entity).  The Alignment Layout Tools do not appear to have a command that allows you to do this.  You can move PI's, delete sub entities, add curves, etc., but to lengthen a sub entity, thereby moving and re-stationing all sub entities downstream of the change, appears to be absent.

Any help is much appreciated.

Craig

Tags (2)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: croberts97

I grip edit the segment with the Extension OSnap and Object Tacking turned on.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
Jeff_M
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I do the same as John, if the intent is to keep the remainder of the alignment in it's original configuration, be sure to select all of those grips as well.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 4
croberts97
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thanks for the help.  I know it had to be simple.  Now that I think of it, I think I remember doing that in some tutorial a while back.

The trick for me was selecting multiple PI's.  I had forgotten that you need to hold down shift while you individually select PI's, then drag one of the PI's to complete the move.

Craig

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report