Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to label the contour lines this way?

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
JamaL9722060
7313 Views, 7 Replies

I wanted to label the contours as shown in screenshot 1, but couldn’t know how to do that.

Which option should I choose to label the contours this way?

Thank you for the help,

Best

Jamal

Clip_493.jpg

Clip_495.jpg

Clip_494.jpg

---------------------------
Jamal Numan
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
neilyj666
in reply to: JamaL9722060

Contours  > Multiple At Interval

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 8
JamaL9722060
in reply to: neilyj666

Thank you for the answer Neilyj.

why there is no way to label the contours automatically? without specifying the first and second point?

best

jamal

Clip_498.jpg

Jamal Numan
Message 4 of 8
Neilw_05

There are several posts to the wish list for automatic contour labeling. It's not available now.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 8
mark__mbarak

please check the photo uploaded i tried too many things text syle...no results after i create the add label contour multiple interval it show a dashed line. any solution??

Message 6 of 8

Hi,

>> please check the photo uploaded

don't see any contour-labels, and I think it's more usefull to get the drawing than a screenshot (with the screenshot we can't play/check the settings you have set).

@Jamal

>> why there is no way to label the contours automatically?

Do you have rules for how such an automatism could/should work? If you have some geometry under your surface like parcels, buildings, vegetation, any gis-layers, .... how should an automatism find a solution for labeling if there is no place to label any contours without interfering/overlaying the geometry underneath.

With your eyes, your knowledge and your intelligence you can decide which geomtry could be overlayed and which one not. Additionally you want to have a technical look for your plan to where these labels are placed, not anywhere in the lost space, don't you?

Well, it may be an option to make it anywhere and let the user then correct the position. That brings me to the question: what should happen then if you modify the density of the contours? Again reposition all lables? 😉

- alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 7 of 8
BrianHailey
in reply to: mark__mbarak

Turn on and thaw every single layer in the drawing. Use the commands LAYON followed by LAYTH and if they still don't show up follow that with a REGENALL.

If that still doesn't work. Grab one of the label lines (those are the lines you are seeing) and check the properties of it.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 8 of 8
JamaL9722060
in reply to: BrianHailey

Many thanks guys for the answers. Your contributions and comments are quite useful.

I do agree with you Alfred. But as you have suggested: let’s have it as an option!

Best

Jamal

Jamal Numan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report