Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display a uniform linetype

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
tehlen
725 Views, 11 Replies

How to display a uniform linetype

Hello, I have been racking my brain on this one.  I have a linetype and I am wanting to show it being centered on the line, symbol is equal distant from each end.  Is there a system variable for this?

dogs3_rrc
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
rl_jackson
in reply to: tehlen

If this is a survey figure then use the Flatten with the figure style

If it is a feature line place it at elevation 0

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
mathewkol

It's impossible to define a linetype in this manner. You'll adjust the settings and it'll work for one line and then another line which is a little longer, it won't work.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 12
mathewkol

You should be able to make a label style that snaps to the line's mid point. But that could be even more awkward if you have hundreds of them.
Matt Kolberg
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous

Adjusting the linetype no but you could create a block with a wipeout or hatch with a 0% screening and insert it at the midpoint. You can also use the measure or divide command to insert said block along the line if other needs come up.

Message 6 of 12
Sinc

Survey Figures have an option to display markers at midpoints, so you might be able to create a Survey Figure Style that works for you (if it's a Survey Figure).

Sinc
Message 7 of 12
tehlen
in reply to: Sinc

No it isnt a survey figure or have different end elevations, or anything that complex.  I is just simple line and polylines that when it is drawn, the length of the line essentially does not match the linetype definition. 

dogs3_rrc
Message 8 of 12
Sinc

Is the green section supposed to be part of the purple lines on either side?  If so, can you just join the whole thing into one polyline, turning on linetype generation if needed?  Or do you need to keep the green and purple as separate segments?

Sinc
Message 9 of 12
tehlen
in reply to: Sinc

The green line is seperate. 

As a note, this happens when doing gas lines (-G-) or water (-W-) or similar.

dogs3_rrc
Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Linetypes have always acted like that.  There is an adjustment built in for different lengths of line.  Again, its always been this way.  See attached.  Same linetype style but two different lengths.  It looks like two different styles right.  One of the other post stated this somewhat if I remember right.  Look into the help files for more information on linetypes, especially the customization portion of. 

I know this doesn't solve your problem but if you try what my previous posts says you have better control of what you want done.  You don't have to use it afterwards if you don't like but at least you know what it does.

Message 11 of 12
cyberfiche
in reply to: mathewkol

@mathewkol wrote:
You should be able to make a label style that snaps to the line's mid point. But that could be even more awkward if you have hundreds of them.
I like this idea.  If you use polylines, you can use the Multiple Segment option when adding line labels.  I made up a quick line label style for which sticks a symbol (I chose a fire hydrant 'cause it was already defined in my drawing) at the middle of each segment.  See the attachment.  It seems like you wanted a single block, text, or something at the midpoint of each segment.  If that's the case, this could work for you.  Even if it's not what you want, I've just found a really new cool toy and I think I can put this idea to use in several ways.  Thanks mattewk!

Message 12 of 12
mathewkol
in reply to: cyberfiche

Any time!

Matt Kolberg

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report