Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create offset to tie to surface FROM something other than Baseline

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wadeburcham4557
832 Views, 4 Replies

How to create offset to tie to surface FROM something other than Baseline

I'm creating a containment dike around and island.  I want the berm to tie down to the existing surface, then offset from that tie point 21' to the surface again.  I can do an offset from Baseline, or a tie to an elevation in a profile.  What I can't do is make the offset 21' from the tie location over an additional 21' to another tie point on a surface.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
sboon
in reply to: wadeburcham4557

I believe that you could do this in two steps.  Use LinkWidthAndSlope to move horizontally 21' then add LinkSlopeToSurface with the slope parameter set to "vertical".  Turn on the omit link options to hide these two subs.  If you want a link between the start and endpoints you could add a marked point at the start and a LinkToMarkedPoint at the end of the vertical link to connect them.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 5

Try using the LinkOffsetOnSurface subassembly.  The offset value is relative to the corridor baseline, not the attachment point.  Then, as Steve suggested, set the omit link property to yes if you don't want to see it in the model.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.
Message 4 of 5

"I can do an offset from Baseline" - Offseting from the baseline was not the question

Message 5 of 5
wfberry
in reply to: wadeburcham4557

Perhaps I am wrong here.  But it appears you need to determine where this first slope hits themud line.  Since this  varies (I assume) I would run an alignment along this daylight point and go from there with another alignment.  I do not know if we have an subassembly that attaches to the daylight point.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report