Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a profiles trough bridge or tunnel etc

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
gregorjev
2088 Views, 2 Replies

How to create a profiles trough bridge or tunnel etc

Hi,

I'm tottaly new in Civil 3D. I'm using 3D laser scanner to measure nad lately draw 3D "as build" models of tunnels, bridges etc. So now I have 3D model of bridge, wich is simply created with layers, 3d faces, boxes etc. - primitive ACAD 3D modelling.

Now I want to create sections on multiple stacions. How to start? Is there any step by step tut with this feature?

Many thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

A TIN in Civil 3d will not work well with a tunnel as one surface.  A single XY point can only have one Z value.  A TIN cannot model overhangs as in a tunnel.

You may be able to use more than one TIN surface (one for the bottom, one for the top).

I rarely have time to post. If what I post helps please use Accept as Solution / Like when appropriate.

Check out my Civil 3d blog at: http://c3dk.com/
Message 3 of 3
quinndbq
in reply to: gregorjev

To create section views at station intervals along a baseline, you need to do the following:

1. Create an alignment in C3D for the baseline.  You can start with a polyline, then convert this to an alignment.  This will be used for stationing.

2. Create sample lines along the alignment.  You must select C3D sources (surfaces, corridors, pipe networks) that are to be included in the sections.  Also, you will specify the swath width and intervals for which you want the section views created.

3. And finally, once the sample lines are created, you will need to create section views.  C3D will create a section view for each sample line created in the previous step.

There are quite a few styles that will come into play in order for the section views to look nice.  But these steps will hopefully start you down the right path.

The solids you created will not who up on your section views, but if you do create surfaces of the top & bottom half, as suggested, you can show the tunnel as a boundary in your section views.

Hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report