Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to adjust the start point of a circle alignment??

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
scott.clark
1207 Views, 7 Replies

How to adjust the start point of a circle alignment??

I am creating a circle alignment want to have the start/zero point at a specific spot. it always wants to start to the right of the circle. I have adjusted useing the civi3D propertys but it puts a negative number at the original start point and messes up the chanage. 

Attached is a screen shot with what I am looking to do. Second image is what happens when I change the reference point to where I want the start chainage to be.

Any help would be appriciated, I'm on a deadline...LOL  

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
odoshi
in reply to: scott.clark

Could you just rotate the alignment about its centerpoint after it is labeled?

Regards,

Mike

Mike Caruso
Autodesk Certified Instructor 2014
AutoCAD/Civil 3D Autodesk Certified Professional 2014, 2015, 2018
www.whitemountaincad.com
Message 3 of 8
scott.clark
in reply to: odoshi

Well go figure, that worked.... guess I was thinking way more complicated then it needed to be.

Thanks Mike.

Scott

Message 4 of 8
wfberry

I hope you are not planning on doing much with this alignment, particulary something left and right of center line.  This circular alignment will always be looking at itself when going either left or right.  Confusing.

Bill

Message 5 of 8
scott.clark
in reply to: wfberry

Thanks Bill, I'm not sure what you mean. I will be using this alignment as the main corridor for my roundabout
Message 6 of 8
scott.clark

I have also just noticed that although rotating the alignment to the correct start point worked for me, I just noticed that if I save the drawing, then reopen it, the zero start point defaults back to the original posistion before I rotated it.

Why would this be?

Message 7 of 8
jmayo-EE

I just think Civil 3D doesn't like closed alignments. Can you make the alignment an arc with a very small gap to approximate the circle?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 8 of 8
abdul4u29

yes it revert to original situation. how can it be solved?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report