AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Valued Contributor
wadeburcham4557
Message 11 of 14 (293 Views)

Re: How do you export a Civil 3D Surface to Agtek

09-18-2012 11:24 AM in reply to: SoftEarth

1)  We spent quite a bit of time with AGTEK Support about this, and the person we were talking to (who seemed very knowledgeable) wasn't aware of any utility.

2) That didn't seem to work either.

I have a work around, but it's a frustrating one.  Basically I create pionts along the 3dpoly lines every 1' or so.  Export the points to a text file, and import them into AGTEK

SoftEarth
Message 12 of 14 (289 Views)

09-18-2012 01:38 PM in reply to: wadeburcham4557

Wade,

I was just speaking with someone at AGTEK and I mentioned your issue.  The person I spoke with told me that AGTEK support has a seat of C3D and support should be able to get your surface into AGTEK ... but they suggested that rather than trying to get the C3D DTM into AGTEK the solution might be to export C3D's breaklines and other 3D linework to DWG, then import that into AGTEK and let AGTEK generate the TIN.  I don't know who you spoke with in tech support, but I'm told Greg Klose is the AGTEK technician most familiar w/ C3D--perhaps you should upload your C3D data file(s) to Greg's attention and see if he can come up with a series of steps that will work for you.

Michael Cope
Authorized AGTEK Software Training
Earthwork Software Services, LLC
www.EarthworkSoftwareServices.com
Valued Contributor
wadeburcham4557
Message 13 of 14 (288 Views)

09-18-2012 01:40 PM in reply to: wadeburcham4557
Thanks that information helps a lot! [Description: Description: Description: C:\Users\Owner\Desktop\CLThompson 0_4inch 2011.jpg] Wade Burcham, P.E., LEED AP BD+C Senior Engineer thompsonengineering 251.604.8006(c) I 251.378.6118(o) I 251.666.6422(f) wburcham@thompsonengineering.com 2970 Cottage Hill Road, Suite 190, Mobile, Alabama 36606 www.thompsonengineering.com
SoftEarth
Message 14 of 14 (270 Views)

09-19-2012 06:51 AM in reply to: wadeburcham4557

My pleasure ... I hope you will post the specific steps here once you have the details worked out!

Michael Cope
Authorized AGTEK Software Training
Earthwork Software Services, LLC
www.EarthworkSoftwareServices.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs