Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I set a Plot Style within a text style definition?

24 REPLIES 24
Message 1 of 25
civ_engineer
1008 Views, 24 Replies

How do I set a Plot Style within a text style definition?

Obviously, I can set the lineweight to bylayer, but what if I want a different lineweight than the layer it's on has?

Is the setting hidden in there somewhere?  It seems a little odd, not to be there if Plot by lineweight is the way things are "suppose" to be going.

24 REPLIES 24
Message 21 of 25
civ_engineer
in reply to: Sinc

Well, since there isn't a setting in the style to set a plot style, I'm pretty much stuck using the Layers settings.

You mentioned using Layer controls and Plot Styles.. I was under the impression that Plot Styles control the plot and anything you have set for Lineweight on the layer is more for visual on the screen.  Even when you plot by color, the CTB file controls the weight... Are you saying the Layer lineweight can be used with the plot somehow too?

Maybe I'm not sure what you mean by "Using the Layer Controls".

Message 22 of 25
Sinc
in reply to: civ_engineer

Just make sure that the Plot Style in your STB is set to "Use Object Lineweight".  Then you can use the Layer lineweight to control the plot.  (Or even the Object lineweight, although in most cases, I frown on using per-object overrides of Object properties, and favor using the Layer lineweight over changing the Properties of individual objects.)

Sinc
Message 23 of 25
civ_engineer

Hey  hey, that sounds like what I've been looking for....

so if the STB is set up  "Use Object Lineweight", is there a way to modify the lineweight choices I see in the layer dialog.

I was able to edit the weights in the plot style to somewhat match the weights TDOT uses, but they don't match the cad defaults.

Message 24 of 25
Sinc
in reply to: civ_engineer

Not as far as I know...  So I think you might end up stuck using the AutoCAD lineweight that comes closest.  Someone else may be able to chime in, though, with information about a feature I'm not aware of.

Sinc
Message 25 of 25
civ_engineer

Thanks, you've help a lot.  The Station labels were the only thing I couldn't get to match up... and the plot by object took care of that.  Maybe someone else knows a trick to change the lineweight choices.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report