Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I get Markpoint/Linktomarkedpoint to work in my corridor?

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
CadKid1
1013 Views, 2 Replies

How do I get Markpoint/Linktomarkedpoint to work in my corridor?

Hello.  I'm hoping someone out there has an answer for this.  I have a feeling I'm missing something REALLY basic here and would be grateful to anyone who would be kind enough to clue a poor simpleton in on the secret.  I am working in Civil3D 2010.

I have a corridor with two baselines in it - one for a roadway and another for a ditch next to it. The roadway baseline was added to the corridor before the ditch baseline.   The slope of the ditch wall next to the road varies as the ditch runs along at different grades, while the road itself remains at more or less a consistent slope.

I have created separate assemblies for both the ditch and the road.  I put a "markpoint" at the edge of the road on the road subassembly and named it "TOPDIT".  I placed a "linktomarkedpoint" at the edge of the bottom edge of the ditch floor on the road side and specified "TOPDIT" as the name of the marked point to match to.  When I build the corridor model, I get a message that linktomarkedpoint couldn't link to markpoint "TOPDIT".

I have seen advice to make sure that the markpoint is above the linktomarkedpoint in the assembly construction.  The problem is that I have two different baselines with two different profiles and therefore, two different assemblies.  How would I get both the markpoint and linktomarkedpoint into the same assembly in a situation like this?  Is there a way to get the two to work in separate assemblies?

This is driving me INSANE...Well, more so than normal.

Thank you for any help!

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
kcobabe
in reply to: CadKid1

Try not creating seperate assemblies for the ditch and road.  The marked point and link to marked point are meant to be used in the same assembly, but using an offset.

So.  Make an assembly and attach the roadway to it.  Make an offset assembly to the roadway assembly and attach the ditch to it.  Add a marked point to one of the assemblies.  Add the linktomarkedpoint to the offset assembly.

Select your marked point and name it like Edge of Road.  Now select your link to marked point and for Marked Point Name add Edge of Road.  You now have a link to a marked point

FYI, the name of the marked point is case sensitive.

R10 - 2020 ACAD
2008 - 2020 Civil 3D
2014 - 2020 Plant 3D
2014 - 2020 Revit
V8i - V8i SS4 Microstation
Infraworks
2018-2020 Inventor
2020 Navisworks
Message 3 of 3
CadKid1
in reply to: CadKid1

Thank you very much.  Somehow, it never occurred to me to use an offset assembly (I am SO embarrassed!).

Thanks for the illumination.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report