AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Mentor
fcernst
Message 11 of 13 (110 Views)

Re: How do I edit feature line elevations in profile view?

09-27-2013 06:59 AM in reply to: jamesbarnett

If I pause moving my cursor, the alignment and profile information appears.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2015
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Valued Contributor
jamesbarnett
Message 12 of 13 (102 Views)

09-27-2013 08:23 AM in reply to: fcernst

I kept playing around with the Inquiry Tool and I think Profile View Station and Elevation at Point is the best tool for what I am doing. It lets me click on the point in the profile and then gives me the station and elevation. I can then use that info in my elevation editor and change up elevations or move my PIs where I need them.

Thanks guys for the help.

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 SP 1
Windows 7 (64)
Valued Mentor
fcernst
Message 13 of 13 (95 Views)

09-27-2013 09:08 AM in reply to: jamesbarnett

It lets me click on the point in the profile and then gives me the station and elevation. I can then use that info in my elevation editor and change up elevations or move my PIs where I need them.

Now you are just needlessly creating extra steps for yourself...

When you insert a new PVI by clicking on the Profile through the geometry editor, it will use the station and elevation from the Profile at that point automatically. You don't need to cut and paste from the Inquiry Tool.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2015
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs