AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Akpodelta
Message 1 of 6 (204 Views)
Accepted Solution

How do I Make a Road Corridor be Above a Terrain Surface?

204 Views, 5 Replies
05-09-2014 10:14 PM
I am having problems with my civil 3d drawing. I have a surface for the terrain and then i created corridors for various roads. However, 1. The daylight i used does not meet the target terrain surface.??? 2. Some parts of the road corridor look like they are below the terrain surface especially where the profile for finish ground is below existing ground. Help please!!!
*Expert Elite*
mathewk
Message 2 of 6 (178 Views)

Re: How do I Make a Road Corridor be Above a Terrain Surface?

05-10-2014 08:26 AM in reply to: Akpodelta
Very confusing post. You say your road profile is below the existing ground, but you're surprised that your corridor is below the terrain. This sounds perfectly normal to me

I guess it would help if you defined "terrain" and "existing ground" and provided a sketch.
Matt Kolberg
Cansel - Autodesk Division
http://www.cansel.ca/
*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 3 of 6 (170 Views)

05-10-2014 10:33 AM in reply to: mathewk

The description sounds like a problem hiding the existing surface within the corridor extents.  The simplest solution would be to use the surface boundary from the corridor as a mask in the existing surface.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Akpodelta
Message 4 of 6 (163 Views)

05-10-2014 11:18 AM in reply to: Akpodelta
The terrain and existing ground are one and the same. The problem is: when i render the drawing, at some sections of the existing ground the road corridor is visible while at others it is not visible. I want to present the drawing as a rendered existing ground surface with road corridors seen. For example a drivers track center with all the road tracks visible.
Akpodelta
Message 5 of 6 (163 Views)

05-10-2014 11:21 AM in reply to: sboon
How do i mask it? What is the tool and how do i do it?
*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 6 of 6 (158 Views)

05-10-2014 11:35 AM in reply to: Akpodelta

Here's an example from one of the tutorial drawings.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Clipboard01.png

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs