Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How c3d resolve superelevation overlaps?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
tonnot
2438 Views, 4 Replies

How c3d resolve superelevation overlaps?

I'm a little surprised with this.... 

I dont imagine how c3d does this .

Any idea ? Thanks.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: tonnot

When you say resolve - does c3d have a command that says resolve? otherwise I would think the design has to be revised to avoid overlaps
Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 5
tonnot
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Like this ?

screen.jpg

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 

Civil 3D (2013) how much you have to improve....

Message 4 of 5
Joe-Bouza

from help:

Automatically Resolve Overlap

Select this check box to automatically detect overlap conditions and eliminate the overlapping stations. All transition stations                     between the End Full Superelevation station on the first curve and the Begin Full Superelevation on the second curve are removed,                     for compound or reverse situations. This option is only available when superelevation is applied to the whole alignment.                  

Note

When this option is selected, corrections are made on all overlap situations. To remove automatic overlap, clear the check                           box and recalculate superelevation.                 

I did an intentionally short alignment to see the difference and it appears to elliinate the transistion to normal crown when curves are close together leaving an adverse crown going into the second curve?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 5 of 5
wowaron2008

How about shoulder superelevation on such overlap resolving. (The sholder doesn't follow the lane)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report