Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How about those storm sewers

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
JeffWright5789
523 Views, 9 Replies

How about those storm sewers

OK,,,  Layout plan and profile on storm sewers...  Actually works...  No system crashes etc...  haven't figured it all out yet...  When labeling pipe I get -->    350' of 30" ??? @ 0.15%

Don't know why material is not getting picked up...?   pipe material should be HDPE in lieu of   ???  suggestions?

Appreciate all the help from the Forum
Version: AutoCAD C3D 2010
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: JeffWright5789

the material is picked up from the parts list

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 3 of 10

OK you win...  when I view the "pipe properties" everything seems to be there...  it lists as "HDPE" everything appears to be proper.    In pipe properties where it lists HDPE it's greyed out...   I guess I don't understand if a "parts list" get's assigned to a pipe network or an individual pipe?

Message 4 of 10
klugb

Can you post a snapshot of your Pipe label text component contents?

Better yet, post or send your dwg. I can look at it:

bruce (dot) klug (at)clark.wa.gov

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 5 of 10
jmayo-EE

If this is the same issue I have the material reference is corrupt. I fixed it by editing the label style and replacing the material reference. You will know the reference is corrupt/broken if you got into the componet editor and can select/highlight individual characters in the material code. Normaly the entire code can only be selected as a unit.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 6 of 10
jmayo-EE
in reply to: jmayo-EE

You may want to check your parcel area labels for the same issue. I think I only had it with areas in SF not acres. Odd but that's what I recall.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 10

I'm on a different computer now(drawing is not on this PC) or else I'd post screen shots.  When the pipes are labeled they label as "350' of 30" ??? @ 0.15%"   Also, when I label the manholes I get the Invert data... all looks good there as well except the label shows "Inv. 693.12 30" ???...  For some reason the Pipe material isn't displayed...?   When I select the pipe it clearly shows the material as "HDPE"...      I'll post some screen shots when I get back to the other computer...

Message 8 of 10
JeffWright5789
in reply to: klugb

Here's a screen Shot....

Message 9 of 10

Your pipe doesn't have any material assigned to it: http://screencast.com/t/fdDbcK9cFJvA

The two values you see that are displaying the material are the description and the part name. You could use those in your lable in lieu of the material if you would like.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Message 10 of 10

I'll be Da@%^.   Fill that one blank in and life is good again...   Smiley Very Happy   Thanks....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report