Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal landing at multileader

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
jlawrence
1259 Views, 7 Replies

Horizontal landing at multileader

At a multileader when "automatically include landing" is set to "NO" or unchecked, then a small point (like that at the end of a dimension line) is inserted in the callout block, such as the circle, which then prints. This makes for less than clean drafting to say the least--is this normal? If so, (why?!), is there any way to NOT have those points print/show up??

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jeff_M
in reply to: jlawrence

Can you post a picture, or, better yet, a drawing showing this? I don't recall seeing anything like this. What version of C3D are you using?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 8
jlawrence
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you for the response. Attached is a drawing file as well as a PDF depicting the situation. The callouts are pointing to the spots in question. As you will see, the dimension lines and the callout without a leader each have "points" that are generated. The green callout with a leader does not. I know dimension lines always have these and it's usually no big deal as they are normally on an object and thus don't show up clearly on a print. However, the spot in the middle of the callout is NOT covered up by text (no text shown here for clarity)and shows up quite clearly on a print. Is there a setting somewhere I'm missing to turn these points off? I appreciate your time!
Message 4 of 8
Jeff_M

Looks like the attachments didn't make the trip. 

EESignature
Message 5 of 8
jlawrence

Hmmm... Let me try again.

Oh, and I'm using C3D 2013--thanks again!

Message 6 of 8
jlawrence

Um, and before where I said "leader" I meant "landing." Sorry, I gotta stop multitasking!

Message 7 of 8
Jeff_M

OK, I am now seeing what you have described. I hadn't seen them because my leader attachment is normally to the CenterExtents, but changing this to Insertion Point allows the Definition Point to show. (Tested this in both 2012 & 2013). This definition point is supposed to be placed on the Defpoints player so it won't plot, just as they are for a typical dimension. However, it appears they are instead taking on the same properties as the parent MLeader.

I tried adding a Wipeout to the Circle block to hide the dot, but the block is placed 'under' the leader so the wipeout has no affect.

Sounds like a Wishlist/bug report is in order.

EESignature
Message 8 of 8
jlawrence

I thought as much, was just hoping it was me! I do appreciate your taking the time to inspect. Cheers 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report