Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Horizontal Axis Labelling too Wide

9 REPLIES 9
SOLVED
Message 1 of 10
wings1080
561 Views, 9 Replies

Horizontal Axis Labelling too Wide

Where is the setting to make these overly wide horizontal axis labelling fit the size of the actual graph instead of going so far beyond the limits please?

horizontal axes too wide.png

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10
Jeff_M
in reply to: wings1080

Your offsets are in a band. The SectionView properties tell the band to stagger labels when they overlap. Turn off the stagger and they will be centered on the vertical grid.

5-1-2014 11-50-51 AM.png

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 10
wings1080
in reply to: Jeff_M

thanks for answering, i selected station 750 and did no staggering and look how it turned out (below), what did i do wrong?

strike 1.png

Message 4 of 10
Jeff_M

Nothing. Your text size is too big for your major tick spacing. Reduce the text size, or change your major tick spacing.

EESignature
Message 5 of 10
wings1080

i'll try to figure out how to adjust the major tick spacing now because changing the font size did not seem to change anything, notice the font size in here is now .0025, it WAS .25, I changed it to .0025 and hit apply and the font size stayed the same, why?!

tick font size not responding.png

Message 6 of 10
Jeff_M

Because you are changing the SectionView properties. The labeling in your dwg is in the SectionView BAND, this is the style you need to edit the text size for.

EESignature
Message 7 of 10
wings1080

ugh, a penny for a screen shot of that dialog box please???!

Message 8 of 10
Jeff_M

Look at the Bands tab of the SectionView properties, the one that has the Stagger setting. The far left of the line with the stagger will tell you which Band style is being used. You can click on it to edit directly from there. 

5-1-2014 12-20-00 PM.png

EESignature
Message 9 of 10
Jeff_M

Another method I have employed is to change the width factor of the Text Style used in the labels. Using a factor of 0.7-0.8 usually does the trick.
EESignature
Message 10 of 10
wings1080

thanks for all your help with this, i had to punt and export to regular cad to edit due to a deadline and never got to try this but will refer to it in the future, appreciate it!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report