Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with conditional subassembly

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
rwhitlock1
589 Views, 7 Replies

Help with conditional subassembly

I’m not finding my error.

I have an alignment running counter clockwise at the perimeter of a septic bed.  I’m trying to use a conditional subassembly for the grading.

1. From 0’ to 5’ of fill, grade to existing @ 3:1.
  2. Greater than 5” of fill, add a wall (no more than 4’ high) and grade to existing @ 3:1.

I’ve attached a rel. 13 file for review. There’s something I’m just not getting.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
fcernst
in reply to: rwhitlock1

Not sure. Is this what you are trying to accomplish? Can you throw in a quick hand sketch?

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 3 of 8
tcorey

The Layout Grade you specify is only used for display of the conditional subassy in layout mode and is not used in the corridor. Description from Help:

Specifies the grade of the line that is drawn to represent this subassembly in layout mode. This parameter, in combination with the Layout Width parameter, allows you to position the ConditionalCutOrFill subassembly and subassemblies that are attached to it, but does not display or have any effect in the corridor model.

What this means is that if you want a daylight slope incorporated into your assy, you need to add it. The conditional cut or fill object does not include this.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 8
rwhitlock1

Thanks for your response.

That’s a piece of the puzzle. I keep thinking I’m missing what should be an easy solution.

Basically, I have a mounded septic disposal system with perhaps 1.5 ft of fill on the “high side” and 8 to 10 ft of fill on the low. My intention was to apply a baseline around the perimeter of the septic bed. I’d have a mild (5%) grade for  3’ and then, with a conditional subassembly, project grades at 3:1 to existing. The condition subassembly was intended to project grades at 3:1 where the fill slope was up to, but no more than than 5 ft high. Fill slopes of 5 ft to 8 ft would be resolved with a retaining wall of no more than 4 ft in height, then 3:1 to existing ground.

I’ve tried several iterations of how and where to “stack” the conditional subassembly but I’m just not getting it.

Message 5 of 8
rwhitlock1
in reply to: tcorey

Thanks, Tim.

I have a linkslopetosurface assembly included as part of the conditional. I keep thinking my "logic" as to how the subassemblies process is not correct.

Message 6 of 8
fcernst

Is this what you are trying to do?

Capture.JPG

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 7 of 8
rwhitlock1
in reply to: fcernst

Hey, Fred, that is what I'm looking to do while allowing for lesser grade differentials to resolve at 3:1 without a wall.

The stock conditional subassembly is what I ca't get to do what your image depicts. Was that derived from subassembly composer? If so, I'm curious to know if your configuration could be used as part of a conditional sub.  

Message 8 of 8
fcernst

No SAC. this is your drawing and assembly.

Maybe it's just a logic problem.

Those Conditional Cut/Fill assemblies are really pretty straightforward:

1. They do the test at their attachment point.
  2. Then if the test is True, for the range of conditions you specified (depth of fill),  the subassembly attached to the end of it is executed.

You had a 100% slope also for your 4' link...

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report