AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Message 1 of 3 (143 Views)

Help with assembly

143 Views, 2 Replies
04-07-2011 05:32 AM

Hello - I've attached a pdf showing a corridor section that I'm trying to work thru. The problem is with the subassembly shown at the left side. That left part of the assembly has the subassembly called "Link Slope To Surface" with a minus 6:1 slope.
 It is targeted to link to the surface shown. How do I get it to slope DOWN and link to the surface, and not UP to the surface
 like it is doing? It seems to want to link to the nearest point on the surface, even though the subassembly itself contains a (minus) slope. The red line showing the proposed 6:1 slope down is just a dumb line inserted to show what I'm looking for. Any help would be appreciated!

Steve Blackburn
Frost Engineering and Consulting Co.

*Expert Elite*
KMercier_C3D
Message 2 of 3 (133 Views)

Re: Help with assembly

04-07-2011 05:53 AM in reply to: frost_Revitup

Maybe the advice in this post will help you: http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/Generic-Link-Slope-to-surface-subassembly/td-p/286543...

Kati Mercier, P.E.

Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Certified Professional and AutoCAD 2013 Certified Professional
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®
Message 3 of 3 (111 Views)

Re: Help with assembly

04-07-2011 07:12 AM in reply to: frost_Revitup

Thanks! That was the solution.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Welcome to the new Autodesk Community!
If this is your first visit, click here to get started and make the most of the Community. Let us know what you think of the new experience in the Community Feedback Forum.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs