AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Valued Contributor
tmcmannis
Message 11 of 13 (55 Views)

Re: Help with Part Builder on network please!

02-19-2014 04:51 AM in reply to: kcobabe

OK, so I did some more testing, and when I changed the path for our prototype from the network custom one we have, back to the standard that ships with C3D the error went away. Looks like I've narrowed it down to someting with that file in particular. If I can actually isolate and solve the problem Il post the result here for others. Thanks.

Mentor
kcobabe
Message 12 of 13 (48 Views)

02-19-2014 02:51 PM in reply to: tmcmannis

By chance do you have Parts List in your prototype drawing?  If you do I have found that this is not a good idea.  For some reason if you do a lot of custom parts C3D hates a parts list to be already in the drawing template.

Part of the reason I killed the pre defined networks and the parts list they link to.  Helps your operators learn how to use them efficiently anyway.

R10 - 2014 ACAD, 2008 - 2014 Civil 3D, 2010 - 2014 MEP, V8i - V8i SS3 Microstation, ArcMAP
Valued Contributor
tmcmannis
Message 13 of 13 (38 Views)

02-20-2014 05:23 AM in reply to: kcobabe

Yes, our parts lists do live in the prototype. Never had an issue with previous releases...I wonder why it is a  problem in 2014. I will try removing the parts list from the main prototype. So do you keep a separate pipe prototype then with the correct styles and parts?

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs