Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Description Key Sets

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Lyonstp
380 Views, 1 Reply

Help with Description Key Sets

I am trying to set up our Description Key Sets for Civil 3d. I understand how they work for the most part, but I've reached a snag. Here is my situation:

The trouble I am having pertains the othe "code", I have a description key code set up as "p" for pipe. A raw descritption of "p" alone is recognized, but In my sitiation I have more than one pipe so we used p01, p02, p03 and so forth. When the numbers are added the raw data, the "p" in the description is no longer recognized. Is there any way to get this to work? Should I include a space between the p and the numer? (this would require me going back and changing 500+ raw descriptions manually) Is there something I can add to the description key like p## or p$$ that will recognize the numbers are just for sorting? what is the best way to approach this with minimal work?

Also, side note. I noticed some of the defautl description keys come with a * at the end i.e. GUT*, what does the asteric do? Is it necessary?   

Another side note, are the description keys and raw descriptions case sensative? My sureyor was wondering this.

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
mathewkol
in reply to: Lyonstp

If your pipes always have a number after P, you can use P#, or P##.  The * is a wildcard, anything that begins with a P will be matched.  Careful not to use ANY other description that begins with a P.

Yes, these are case sensitive.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report