Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Civil 3d 2010 PLEASE!!!

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
eblohm
514 Views, 3 Replies

Help with Civil 3d 2010 PLEASE!!!

I am having nothing but problems with the new 2010 and 2011 versions of Civil 3D and have been trying to stay away from them. Now the time has come and I HAVE to use them because Autodesk changed everything! I know it sounds like I am talking bad about Autodesk but don't get me wrong I love Autodesk and have been using them for a long time. 

Well on to the problem I am having right now. I am dealing with one of my clients and they have been using 2010 and 2011 and he couldn't figure it out either so hopefully someone else can 🙂  I am currently using Civil 3D 2010 and my client is sending me a drawing that is made in 2011 (which from my knowledge shouldn't be any problem). I can open the drawing fine but it is not allowing me to do commands that have anything to do with data input, such as importing points. The command line will show the command but nothing happens, no dialog boxes pop up like normal or anything at that. My version works fine if I start the drawing and using these commands but bringing in anyone else's drawing is where the problem seems to be. 

Also we noticed none of the drawing information in the Toolspace is coming with it (see attached picture help1.jpg) were normally the drawing info is like points, surfaces, etc. (help2.jpg)

Any idea's? 

Ethan

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
klugb
in reply to: eblohm

Civil 3D is not backwards compatible. You can't take a drawing from 2011 and use it in 2010.

Bruce

Bruce Klug, P.E.
AutoCAD Expert Elite Alumni
AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Civil 3D 2023.2.1

Win 10 Enterprise, 64-bit
Message 3 of 4
ACADuser

Civil 3D objects are not backwards compatible.  You have few options.

1 - Have the client send you the data in LandXML format along with any neccesary line work in a drawing file.  Then create a new blank drawing in 2010 and import the LandXML data.

2 - Install Civil 3D 2011.

Hope this helps.

ACADuser
Civil 3D 2018, Raster Design 2018
Windows 7 Enterprise
Dell Precision 5810 Workstation
Intel Xeon E5-1630 v3 @ 3.70GHz
32GB RAM, NVIDIA Quadro K2200 4 GB GDDR5
DUAL 27" Dell UltraSharp U2713HM
Message 4 of 4
eblohm

Thanks a lot! This will work till I get 2011 install 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report