Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help making a new Slope to surface subassembly

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
erik
306 Views, 3 Replies

Help making a new Slope to surface subassembly

I want a subassembly that will act like the slope to surface subassembly but with the addition of a target to alignment parameter.  This will allow me to define the default slope to surface and then in certain areas override the slope by choosing a targeted polyline on the surface.

I tried to use the subassembly composer but was not as clear as I was hoping, and then it crashed. Any suggestions or ideas on how to get this functionality?

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: erik

Could "Daylight Min Width" serve your purpose?

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Message 3 of 4
erik
in reply to: KMercier_C3D

Daylight to Min Width will not work because the at the default slope the subassembly misses the surface in a few locations.  It is these locations where I want to control the location with a polyline.

Message 4 of 4
fcernst
in reply to: erik

It is these locations where I want to control the location with a polyline.

It has a horizontal target parameter also.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report