Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help file in subassembly pkt file settings

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
viktors.zilinskis
1267 Views, 2 Replies

Help file in subassembly pkt file settings

Hi! I wonder what is the meaning with the "help file" option under "Packet Settings" in subassembly composer? I can see that the specified .pdf, .htm, .html or .txt file is included in the .pkt file but I fail to see how users who later import the .pkt file into Civil 3D are supposed to use the help file. For exaple, I have imported a subassembly called "StodremsaMedSlant". I know it has been created with an associated .pdf help file. So I right-click on the icon of the newly imported subassembly in tool palettes window and choose the "Help..." option (see attached image) - just as I would do to check the help page of any other subassembly. What I expect to see is the associated .pdf help file. However what happens in reality is that internet explorer opens an online help  page for
AutoCAD Civil 3D User's Guide (see attached image). I wonder whether I can provide "end users" of my custom subassembly with a customized help page and how if it is possible. Thanks in advance!

BR,
Viktors

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Don't know if things have changed but we tried to use pdf for SA help files a few years ago and confirmed with Autodesk that they actually don't work in some situations, the only type help we could get to work correctly all the time was compiled help (chm) files.

I believe we ran across this in C3D 2009 and haven't tried since then. We don't use SAC, we use .NET and Subassembly Studio but the help mechnism is the same for all 3.

Mike Robertson
FL. Dept. of Transportation
CADD Applications Developer
Message 3 of 3

Hi Michael! Thank you for your reply, it works with .chm files indeed! I find it very strange and misleading that .pdf, .htm, .html, .doc, .docx, and .txt are mentioned in the "Select Help File" dialog box when none of them will actually work in civil 3D. I tested a .chm helpfile just as you suggested and it worked!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report