Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed: Creating Points Displaying Cut/Fill Depth between Two Surfaces

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
xgeneration
2796 Views, 6 Replies

Help Needed: Creating Points Displaying Cut/Fill Depth between Two Surfaces

Hi, I created a volume surface between the as-built and design surfaces, now I would like to show the points that display the cut/fill depths between these two surfaces.  I tried modifying the surface property of that volume surface but doesn't seem to offer what I want.  Does anyone know how to do it?  I know isopach may be the way to go but never had done it.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Avera737
in reply to: xgeneration

Sounds like you've created a TIN Volume Surface already, and that would be the first step.  Next you just need to add elevation lables.  Up to you how you want to do that.  If you want actual text labels, just do elevation labels on a grid.  The elevations of the TIN Volume Surface will be + or - the required fill or cut.

You could also create a surface style which shades ranges of cut and fill.

If you need more assistance let us know.

Message 3 of 7
xgeneration
in reply to: Avera737

Sorry I just realized I forgot to include the attachement.  I would like to display like this.  Using two colours to distinct cut and fill as well.

Message 4 of 7
Avera737

No attachment but I'll take a stab at it anyway.

Go to your surface style, you'll want to edit (or create a new style) that displays "Elevations."  Once that is set select the surface and go to properties.  On the analysis tab select "Elevations" as the analysis type.  Change "Number of ranges" to 2.  Make one range negative to zero and one zero to positive (whatever the default lowest value and highest value are).  Change the colors to whatever is desired.

Let me know how you make out.

Message 5 of 7
rnoyes

I don't see a screenshot either but I am going to GUESS you are looking for red cut and green fill text (seems to be the standard request.  Here is a link to a Being Civil blog that goes thru the process:

http://beingcivil.typepad.com/my_weblog/2009/02/color-cutfill-surface-labels.html

Hope that is what you are looking for.

Ryan

Message 6 of 7
Avera737
in reply to: rnoyes

I don't want to hijack the original subby's post, but that's a great link.  Thanks for the tip, Ryan.

Message 7 of 7
xgeneration
in reply to: rnoyes

Yes this is what I need! thank you very much!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report