Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Headaches with publish and civil3d labels shifting on output

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
d_hadley
1088 Views, 7 Replies

Headaches with publish and civil3d labels shifting on output

Looked around, seen many people with similar issues, but none of the possible solutions seem to be helping.  I have a large school job with a large network of storm pipes.  My pipes are in another drawing with data references into my sheets drawing, then structure/pipe labels added in the sheets drawing.   It seems the bigger the drawing got, the more problems I had.  First, I found if I synchronized pipes while in layout tabs, it would shift the labels (dragged state) away from the structures.  I would then have to go to model space and re-synchronize and the snapped back to their object and publish sheets would be fine.  As of recent though, now it shows the labels fine, but when I go to publish (to pdf), as the process begins, I can see the labels shift off the structures, and once publish done, snap back.  Of course the output shows the label arrowhead/text shifted away.

So I have done all the basics - I don't plot in background, I have tried publish to dwf, same problem, but I can plot 1 sheet at a time dwg to pdf and its fine.   Only relates to publish.

I thought maybe it was because I had a cover sheet at 1:750 and the rest of my work at 1:250, and it would snap to the outside of the symbol scaled in the 1:750 setting.  I separated the cover sheet to its own DWG so I was strictly dealing in one scale for 1 drawing...no resolution.  Any thoughts?  Attached a view of what is happening.

thx

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
d_hadley
in reply to: d_hadley

any thoughts on this one?  As I'm getting back into the job again, the headaches start all over!

Message 3 of 8
tcorey

You must be pulling your hair out. 

What happens if you lock the layers that control the labels?

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 4 of 8
Neilw_05

I belive it is related to having different viewport scales.

I ran into this behavior with a sewer forcemain project. I created an alignment and layout profiles for the pipe. Then I used the plan production tools to create plan and profile sheets. Whenever I went to the layouts the profiles were always shifted relative to the grid in the layouts. I had to run regen a couple of times in each layout to get them synchronized before plotting.

I submitted a support request and was told this was a known issue. I have a post about this somewhere so I'll paste a link when I have time to find it.

There is no solution that I know of.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 5 of 8
Neilw_05
in reply to: Neilw_05

I'll retract my comments for now as I'm not sure they are related. I have experienced the behavior shown in your screen caps. I don't recall a solution but it might related to the style for dragged labels.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 6 of 8
d_hadley
in reply to: tcorey

yeah, definitely going a little donald ducky on it.  I haven't tried locking the layers and will give that a try on Monday.  Otherwise, actually looking back at the clip, I see that the leader to the pipes are actually fine.   It really seems related to the structures themselves.  Whether problems with the blocks that created them, or related to the different scales (although like I said, I have now separated so only one scale used in the dwg).   I do find it odd also that the drawing started out fine and only got into issues as the level of detail grew!

Message 7 of 8
Neilw_05

Now that you mention the structure scales I think that is it. Go to your structure plan view style settings and see what you have set for the symbol scale. If it is by percent of zoom scale or some similar setting that varies the scale, try setting it to something static.

WIN 10 64 PRO

Message 8 of 8
d_hadley
in reply to: Neilw_05

and tcorey is the winner!   Locking the layer actually did the job.  Doesn't explain 'why' its happening, but at this point, I don't really care!  ha   Thx much for all the input

(btw, I did check the plan view scaling and it was fixed to page scale (and I also checked absolute and that didn't do anything either))

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report