Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatching/hatch bug

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
417 Views, 2 Replies

Hatching/hatch bug

Is there a variable to have C3D 2011 go back to the 2010 style of hatching? I'm aware the new method is supposedly more powerful, however the additional power is largely unnecessary for my use. Automatically going into the internal point hatch selection is a very bad thing for the drawings I'm usually working in. The hatch preview variable has helped somewhat, so it's no longer quite as critical. (I'm still a little displeased with how long it takes to load the hatch tools, however, but it's mostly manageable since hatching is not something i have to do all that frequently)

Now for the bug part; has anyone else run into a bug where on undoing a hatch, all points are deleted from the drawing? I hatched an area, hit undo, and all my points were removed. All point groups were emptied of points as well, so it's not just an issue with regenerating the drawing to get them back, it would have been reinserting points from the database. This is a larger issue.

I can replicate this issue by having points shown, then hatching an internal point (I do usually hatch by object), and then hitting undo. All points are removed/deleted from the drawing and must be reinserted.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Actually it seems that it deletes them all if you have any points on and just hatch. Yikes. Not that the situation will come up often enough, but this doesn't seem like a very favorable bug.

They're not deleted if you have all point displays turned off. So there is a workaround, per se.

Message 3 of 3
4Runner
in reply to: Anonymous

has this been fixed or addressed? I'm experiencing the same thing with Civil 3d 2014! Using the hatch command with my points on deletes all my points. And when I hit undo it doesn't bring the points back....

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report