Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch not showing

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
imants.abelitis
7368 Views, 15 Replies

Hatch not showing

Hello! First time here Smiley Happy

I have annoying problem with hatches. I'm working  on Autocad Civil 3d 2009 32bit version using only as AutoCAD . My computer runs Windows 7 64bit.

In many dwg files I have noticed a situation, when hatch disapears - it is still there, but does not shows. With QSELECT I can check if the hatch is still there. Its very frustraiting when I'm printing many sheets of project and every time i have to check which hatch are missing. And the problematic hatches are changing. One day it is one, another day it is different hatch in the same DWG file. On other company's computers everything is fine and I can see all hatches.

I think that problem is with that operating system is 64bit but Civil 3D is 32bit, but our company are using Bentley Inroads XM, which only runs in Autocad 32 bit version.

I have tried all 3 service packs for Autocad Civil 3d 2009, but no change.

Any solutions?

Regards,

Imants

Tags (1)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16

My first thought would be to update your video drivers. That often solves display issues.

BTW Welcome to the forum. Don't give up if your problem isn't solved immediately. This is a peer to peer support group. So you might have to wait until the right person reads your post. Let us know if the video drivers help or not.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 3 of 16

Thanks for idea. Updated drivers, but nothing changed. The same problem with hatches is on one more computer in our office. And there are same story about 32 bit/64bit system. Both computers are the same.

Collegues, who are using Windows 7 32bit, doesn't face such a problems.

Message 4 of 16
jmayo-EE
in reply to: imants.abelitis

A few thoughts for debugging.

Are the hatches large areas? Do you have grips enabled on hatches? If you do maybe the memory won't be taxed so much if hatchgrips are turned off. This is just a guess. If you copy this hatch to a new, empty file do you still have the issue?

Do you have hardware accleration on? If not turn it on if it's on see if toggling on/off helps.

Do you have this hatch pattern in your support path? Try editing the hatch and change the pattern to an acad default pattern like ansi 37. Does the hatch appear? If not do you see warnings at the command line telling you the hatch pattern is too dense? If so find a hatch scale that works. If this solves your issue and the hatches were created by another user you may have units or scales that don't match the other user.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 16

Make sure that FILL is On. Also check that the scale of the hatch is correct.

I'll keep thinking about it.

Allen Jessup

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 16
gccdaemon
in reply to: AllenJessup

I've found that associative hatches cause problems like this. Not sure if it's a corruption in the CAD file or not. Havn't seen it in a while though.

Andrew Ingram
Civil 3D x64 2019
Win 10 x64 Pro
Intel Xeon E5-1620
32 GB Ram
Message 7 of 16

FILL is ON. And there is no change in switching ON/OFF and regenerating file.

Scales are correct. Using ANSI31 hatch patern, scale 0.5. Every hatch is made on my computer, hatches are unassociative (system variable HPASSOC=0).

Message 8 of 16
imants.abelitis
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I think that the is no connection between hatch size and showing/ not showing hatch - sometimes area is 5m2 , sometimes 10000m2.

Just checked - grips are enabled. And if I select hatches with QSELECT, as I mentioned in first post, and copy in the same file in another place, everything is working. In new files its the same - starting new project I'm taking new emty template, after hatching the problem shows up again.

Just watched video on youtube, how to do hardware accleration, but on this computer I cannot do that, because button is unselectable.

Using default hatch patterns with scale 0.5 - 2. Everything is made on my computer. And there is no warnings in commandline.

It looks and feels like, sometimes Regenerating file, doesn't take all hatces in file. And its looks like something with video card.

Using 

Windows 7 Professional 64bit

Processor: AMD Athlon(tm0 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4600+ 2.4GHz

RAM 6GB

Radeon X1600 Series 256MB with shared system memory 2811MB, total available graphics memory 3067MB.

Sorry for my bad english.

Best

Imants

Message 9 of 16

Hi,

If you select these hatches with _QSELECT (so you see grips) ... look to the propertywindow and verify how the "annotative" property is set, if it's activated then the hatch will only appear for the scale defined in the property "annotative scale".

To make sure you see all of them try to disable the annotative-property and set the scale-factor to a value that is plausible for your drawing and hatched areas.

You might also try the setvar ANNOALLVISIBLE, if it's set to 1 you also should see all hatches (with scalefactors defined to see something in the hatched area)

>> Just watched video on youtube, how to do hardware accleration, but on this computer

>>I cannot do that, because button is unselectable.

Start command _3DCONFIG ==> manual tune, the button in the statusbar (lower right) does not exist in 2009.

>> I'm working  on Autocad Civil 3d 2009 32bit version using only as AutoCAD . My computer runs Windows 7 64bit

Sorry to say, but that's a not supported environment. (and it does not help as C3D 2009 is a 32bit application, you can't get the advantages if 64bit (more acessable memory for C3D).

HTH, - alfred -

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 10 of 16

Thanks for answer!

Annotative is set to "NO", the same with associative.

setvar ANNOALLVISIBLE is 1.

I noticed that when I select these hatches with QSELECT this shows up in comandline:

"The Boolean operation on regions failed.
Modeling Operation Error:
System inconsistency processing edge coincidence."

I attached printscreen with 3DCONFIG settings. 

>> Sorry to say, but that's a not supported environment. (and it does not help as C3D 2009 is a 32bit application, you can't get the advantages if 64bit (more acessable memory for C3D)

I don't need C3D. I need just Autocad for using with Bentley Inroads XM, which suppots only 32bit autocad.

Imants

Message 11 of 16

Hi,

>> I attached printscreen with 3DCONFIG settings.

Well, uncheck the topmost checkbox "Enable hardware acceleration" for a test period, but at least it looks like your graphiccard does not have to much options working with AutoCAD (seeing that many red question marks).

>> I don't need C3D. I need just Autocad

Both are not supported on Win7 as long as you are speaking about release 2009.

>> The Boolean operation on regions failed.
>> Modeling Operation Error:
>> System inconsistency processing edge coincidence.

Now the question is: who created that regions and hatched them (or what application did it)?

If the regions are defect I understand that there will be difficulties in visualizing the hatch.

What happens if you run command _AUDIT and let AutoCAD repair the defects (or as alternative open the drawing with command _RECOVER instead of command _OPEN).

- alfred -

Alfred NESWADBA
Ingenieur Studio HOLLAUS ... www.hollaus.at ... blog.hollaus.at ... CDay 2024
(not an Autodesk consultant)
Message 12 of 16
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Alfred.NESWADBA

One other thing to see if this is a hatch or compatibility issue is to select one hatch with qselect.

Right-click and choose Generate Boundary. Use this boundary to make a new solid hatch. Does this show?

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 13 of 16
imants.abelitis
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Yes, it shows. Only hatch area isn't showing. But it's the same with all other hatches.

Message 14 of 16

I did Reset to Recommended Values and now in this dialog box everthing looks normal. See attached printscreen. I tested everything in this dialog box - nothing changed. First, after reset, every hatch was showing, but after Autocad restart problem was back again.

>>Both are not supported on Win7 as long as you are speaking about release 2009.

I will inform my boss!!! Smiley Happy

>>Now the question is: who created that regions and hatched them (or what application did it)?

I always making closed polylines for hatching and checking if the hatch area is showing. In other files where is this problem, this text isn't written in commandline. 

>>What happens if you run command _AUDIT and let AutoCAD repair the defects (or as alternative open the drawing with command _RECOVERinstead of command _OPEN).

After RECOVER hatches are showing, but after save file and close / open problem is back again. I regulary run AUDIT in my files to check if everything is ok.

Deeper I go, deeper it looks like compability issue. I would say that I'm using Autocad for 7 years and know all basic problems, mistakes and solutions, but this is strange.

One more our company worker got new PC. With Win 7 64bit, Autocad 2009 32bit, but his RAM is 8GB and videocard is newer and better. Works without problems.

Imants

Message 15 of 16

@imants.abelitis wrote:

One more our company worker got new PC. With Win 7 64bit, Autocad 2009 32bit, but his RAM is 8GB and videocard is newer and better. Works without problems.

Imants

I believe you're right. I think the video card is more likely the issue with the hatch display. I looked up the spec's. But with the manufacture hype it's hard to tell how good it really is. We try to stay with ones that are Autodesk Certified. Even then as the program and OS change the cards can get dated.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Message 16 of 16

Hello,

I was searching for a solution to the same problem and I tried everything posted.

Some hatches are not showing on AutoCAD 2010 and are showing on different computers, also are showing on the same computer on a more recent version (AutoCAD 2014).

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report