Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch / Plot Crash

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
Anonymous
114 Views, 0 Replies

Hatch / Plot Crash

Civil 3D
Windows XP Professional
HP 8550DN PCL 5C

CIty of Manassas (about 10 sq. miles)
Solid Hatch (gradient) 9 areas, different sizes.
49 views (7by7)

I've plotted 22 views so far and have had no problems. I finally get to a view that has 4 hatch patterns in the same plot. While watching the spooling, I've noticed that it gets to 9.6 megs, then stops. Then the printing part (under "size" in the print queue) starts adding up. Some times the spool slowly increases, but the print catches up. Sometimes it runs right up to the 9.6 megs and stops. Eventually, it will print out part of the plot, then restart the printing part again. Then DOA. [Error handler re-entered. Existing now] Autocad crash.

It appears that the drawing can't spool fast enough to get ahead of the printing. It's NOT a limit on spool size, because I've printed much larger files. I don't think it's the drawing because other views print with no problem.

Back in the olden days, I believe there were ways to set up page swapping sizes, but I don't see that now. Nor do I know if this will work. I've tried rebooting, creating any entirely new drawing (with views), changed my UCS orientation, plotting to a file, changing the directory of plot files, every trick I know. Nothing!

Any ideas from anyone?
0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report