Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch Error

6 REPLIES 6
SOLVED
Message 1 of 7
alloftin
1693 Views, 6 Replies

Hatch Error

I am working on a project and am wanting to show 3 different stone hatches.  I have 3 of the hatches in a legend file.  I am wanting to match the hatches in my plan sheet.  However, in the hatch editor it shows a rectangle with a single red line as the pattern preview.  The hatch i want is there, but I have no way of accessing it.  Any ideas on how to load that hatch file?  I know it is there, but I don't know where to look or how to move it from file A to file B.  Or should I throw in the towel and download an updated hatch pattern

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
tcorey
in reply to: alloftin

It sounds like you might just need to adjust the hatch scale. If that's not the issue, post your files.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 7
alloftin
in reply to: tcorey

It's not a scaling problem, I can edit anything to do with the hatch.  I assume I just need to download a hatch file from somewhere.  The hatch issues are the last two hatches shown on the attached file labeled "AASHTO #1,2 STONE", and  "MINERAL AGGREGATE".

After further inspection the file I'm pulling it shows the rectange with red line in teh preview as well, so it's not just my destination file, it is the source file

Message 4 of 7
jmayo-EE

I just happen to have those patterns and they do not contain any info about sharing or distribution. Here you go. Place these in one of your support paths.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 7
alloftin
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Awesome! Thank you sir!
Message 6 of 7
jmayo-EE

No prob.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
tcorey

You can display the drawings side-by-side and then drag-n-drop the hatch from the source dwg to the destination dwg. To drag-n-drop, pick the hatch, then click and hold one one of the lines of the hatch, not on its grip. Drag it to the other drawing and drop it.

You can only change the hatch scale by using the Scale command to scale it to what looks good, and then you can adjust the boundary using the grips. You cannot adjust this custom hatch by hatch properties unless you have the hatch pattern file.

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report