Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hatch Background

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JeffCamarena
1381 Views, 4 Replies

Hatch Background

My company is switching from ctb files to stb files. With the ctb file, we make concrete hatch with two layers. A top layer with the concrete hatch pattern and a background layer with a solid hatch patern. The ctb file concrete plots the concete hatch black and the solid background hatch light gray. I am using civil 3d 2013 and the hatch allows a seperate background color mask. I am trying to make all my concrete layers (Top of Curb, Curb Flowline, etc.) a certain color scheme, i.e. shades of green. I would like my on screen concrete hatch patern to be a green color with a gray background, but plot the concrete hatch black with a gray background. I can not figure out how to do this without making two layers. Is there a way to use one layer and utilize the background color mask to show on screen green and gray, but plot black and gray?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
JeffCamarena
in reply to: JeffCamarena

Can someone shine some light on this for me, please?

Message 3 of 5
troma

I'm guessing this is more of a generic CAD issue rather than C3D, so I suggest you try asking in the Cad 2013 forum.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 5
tom_berning

I am not very familiar with STBs, but since the new hatch in 2013 that allows a background color is considered one object, you can only assign one plot style to it. This is one reason that my company has stayed with CTB files for plotting. To get this to work with STBs, you will need two separate hatches so you can assign a plot style to each one.

Tom Berning
Woolpert, Inc.
Civil 3D 2020
Message 5 of 5
JeffCamarena

Thank you, I was affraid of that.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report