Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone seen this icon before?

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
Spiritshifterus
423 Views, 5 Replies

Has anyone seen this icon before?

Greetings, all. I've got a little annoyance that just happened, and I'm hoping that one or more of my fellow boardmembers here may be able to enlighten me.

I've been working on a project in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013, one that is sensitive enough that the program crashes daily. Many times, more than once a day. My company's IT staff are looking into that. However, I did see this one change happen to my license of the program after one such crash.

Attached below is a JPG image of an icon that has appeared under my Model Space view control pulldowns. It looks to me like the icon for a surface, that you see in the Toolspace. But, I see swapping arrows and another version of the surface-symbol polygon. Furthermore, I am unable to click on the icon.

Has anyone ever seen that icon before, and knows what it means?

Thanks to all who can help me here.

Chris Martin

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

It means your Level of Detail is on.  

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 3 of 6
rl_jackson
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

It also means you need to turn it off, as it will cause plotting problems. In theory it works - but in practice it does not.

Rick Jackson
Survey CAD Technician VI

Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 6
ToddRogers-WPM
in reply to: rl_jackson

I just actually laughed out loud, REAL loud!

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 5 of 6

Thank you, TRogers and rl_jackson. I found the turn-off toggle under the View tab. And furthermore, it did finally let me see a surface that I've been missing for a few hours!

Have a good day, fellow boardmembers.

Chris Martin

Message 6 of 6

Not a problem.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report