Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HOW DO I MOVE THIS COORDINATE

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
Anonymous
610 Views, 12 Replies

HOW DO I MOVE THIS COORDINATE

PLEASE I CREATED A POINT AT THE INTERSECTION AND I WANT TO MOVE THE COORDINATE TO N=500,E=500. PLEASE NOTE THE INTERSECTION OD AXIS I1 AND 1AA
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

pls can someone assist me with the answer??????????????????????????

Message 3 of 13
Jeff_M

Not sure, exactly, what the question is. "Please note the intersection..." what intersection would that be?

Have you tried using the MOVE command?
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

i created a point at intersection N=100.00, E=109.300 and i want to change this particular point coordinate to N=5000.000,5000.000

the axis I AND 1A  are the intersection point

Message 5 of 13
wfberry

Draw a line between your two points.

Use the Move command and move everything in the drawing from one end of the line to the other.

Move

All

Select the beginning point, then to the 5000,5000 point.

Bill

Message 6 of 13
antoniovinci

bigexploit wrote:

i created a point at intersection N=100.00, E=109.300 and i want to change this particular point coordinate to N=5000.000,5000.000

Sounds like you're kiddin' us, sir.

There's no CRS in the whole world with such coordinates like yours, so first go and learn geography, then come back here, man.

Message 7 of 13
wfberry
in reply to: antoniovinci

A ....:

Don't scold this dude for something that is done alll the time.  You do not have to have a REAL coordinate to use a 5000, 5000 setup.

Bill

Message 8 of 13
antoniovinci
in reply to: wfberry

You are right, Bill, but I guess the OP is just playing, so the correct forum for him should be this vanilla one.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: antoniovinci

please am not playing with anyone here,all am saying is i have a drawing with the first coordinate, now i want to assume that a particular point to start with 5000.000,5000.000 which is the intersction of the grid line I and 1A of the drawing i posted earlier.

okey lets look at it in this direction u received a drawing from someone and u want to make a particular point be whatever, it could be 500.000,500.000 , 600.000,600.000 or 100.000,100.000, aren't anything like assumed coordinate????

please if anyone can assist me with the solution. dont hesitate

thank you allllllllllll

Message 10 of 13
Jeff_M

Bill already told you how to do this.
Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
in reply to: Jeff_M

similar to Bill's solution

1. at the command prompt, type "MOVE" <CR>

2 when prompted to select objects type "ALL"<CR>

3. for base point enter 109.300,100.000,0 <CR>

4  for displacement enter 5000.000,5000.000,0 <CR>

one bit of advice, and only an opinion. Avoid setting your local coordinate to have the same value for both your northing and easting.

have different values i.e. N=5000 E=1000

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous

GOd bless u works like magic but if i may ask what was your reasons for saying that?

one bit of advice, and only an opinion. Avoid setting your local coordinate to have the same value for both your northing and easting.

have different values i.e. N=5000 E=1000

Message 13 of 13
Anonymous

Assigning different value for your northing and easting, removes and doubt, if any, as to what the format is in a point listing

i.e. N,E,Z or E,N.Z

it is sometimes difficult to tell if both numbers and similar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report