Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HORIZONTAL alignment offset function?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
annw2
721 Views, 5 Replies

HORIZONTAL alignment offset function?

Help please.

I am looking at needing to offset several hundred feet of alignment specific distances due to changes in requirements.

I know you can offset VERTICAL alignments.  Does 2012 have a HORIZONTAL alignment offset command that I am missing?

Ann Wingert, P.E.
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
mathewkol
in reply to: annw2

When you click on an alignment, in the ribbon, you'll see Offset Alignment.  Existed in 2010, and 2011. (pretty sure 2010).

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 6
annw2
in reply to: mathewkol

I thought that created a poly line from the alignment?  Does that command move the alignment segments horizontally from a beginning to ending station?

I want to move the a main alignment, similar to the profile alignment raise lower commands

Ann Wingert, P.E.
Message 4 of 6
troma

I'm not sure if it creates a polyline or a new alignment, (test to find out).  But so long  as you have a polyline EXACTLY where you want your alingment to be, you can click on it and drag the verticies, snap them to the polyline and the profiles should update.  It's messy though.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 5 of 6
mathewkol

Yes, try it out. No polylines.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 6 of 6
blt
Advocate

It creates an alignment at the offset distance and you can vary the offset with "Widenings".  I use this for edge of pavements and right of ways.

Bryan Thorp, PLS
Civil 3D 2017 SP1
Dell OptiPlex 990 Workstation
Intel I7
16 Gig of RAM

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report