AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

airplanesra1989
Message 1 of 4 (99 Views)

HELP with Intersections, what does this Dialog Box mean?

99 Views, 3 Replies
12-05-2013 11:57 AM

I am still rather new to intersection creation in Civil 3D. I keep getting to the end and getting the same dialog box. Does anyone know what this means? Or what I need to do to stop it?

If I click the "Create Intersection", nothing shows up. If click "Specify Design Profiles", I am not really sure what to change. Any help is greatly appreciated!

See the attachment below.

*Expert Elite*
sboon
Message 2 of 4 (91 Views)

Re: HELP with Intersections, what does this Dialog Box mean?

12-05-2013 12:04 PM in reply to: airplanesra1989

When you created the intersection you should have specified two profiles which will be part of the corridor baselines at the intersection.  The software will adjust the secondary road profile if necessary to match the primary, but if the profile you selected for the secondary road is of the wrong type then it can't do the adjustment. 

Open the intersection properties dialog and check the profiles that you're using.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Clipboard01.png

*Expert Elite*
Neilw
Message 3 of 4 (90 Views)

12-05-2013 12:08 PM in reply to: airplanesra1989

Apparently one or more of the profiles you are using in the wizard is getting it's data from a source other than a layout profile, such as a surface profile. Thus if the profile of a crossing aligmment changes, the profile from the surface can't move with it because it is set to use the surface elevation.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
Infrastructure Suite/C3D 2013, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 7 64 PRO
HP Pavillion h8xt, i7 2600, 12 GB
RADEON 6450, 1 GB
http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Valued Mentor
fcernst
Message 4 of 4 (71 Views)

12-05-2013 01:29 PM in reply to: airplanesra1989

This happens when you don't have any Design Profiles, and you only have Surface profiles (probably EG). So it's asking you if you really want to create the intersection with the EG profiles.

Go back and create a couple Design profiles for your Alignments, and then start the Intersection Wizard again.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2015
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs