Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HELP with Intersections, what does this Dialog Box mean?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
airplanesra1989
284 Views, 3 Replies

HELP with Intersections, what does this Dialog Box mean?

I am still rather new to intersection creation in Civil 3D. I keep getting to the end and getting the same dialog box. Does anyone know what this means? Or what I need to do to stop it?

If I click the "Create Intersection", nothing shows up. If click "Specify Design Profiles", I am not really sure what to change. Any help is greatly appreciated!

See the attachment below.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
sboon
in reply to: airplanesra1989

When you created the intersection you should have specified two profiles which will be part of the corridor baselines at the intersection.  The software will adjust the secondary road profile if necessary to match the primary, but if the profile you selected for the secondary road is of the wrong type then it can't do the adjustment. 

Open the intersection properties dialog and check the profiles that you're using.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Clipboard01.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 4
Neilw_05

Apparently one or more of the profiles you are using in the wizard is getting it's data from a source other than a layout profile, such as a surface profile. Thus if the profile of a crossing aligmment changes, the profile from the surface can't move with it because it is set to use the surface elevation.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 4 of 4
fcernst

This happens when you don't have any Design Profiles, and you only have Surface profiles (probably EG). So it's asking you if you really want to create the intersection with the EG profiles.

Go back and create a couple Design profiles for your Alignments, and then start the Intersection Wizard again.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report