Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HEC-RAS import to Civil3d2010, Run-time error '9'

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
blow
4343 Views, 4 Replies

HEC-RAS import to Civil3d2010, Run-time error '9'

I successfully exported a geo-file from C3D2010 into HEC-RAS 4.1, did some X-section edits and ran the analysis.  Looking at the X-Y-Z perspective plots, results look good.  Exported the data from File->Export GIS Data making sure to check the water surface extents with the water surface, selected both profiles (existing, future).  A SDF was created.  Importing the SDF into C3D2010 using the toolbox command and I get the Run-time error '9': Subscript out of range.  I tried to simplify the export by only choosing the water surface and water surface extents without all the other data and still get the same error.  Help?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
SethHall
in reply to: blow

In the past we have seen this error displayed when the water surfaces extents have not been included in the exported file. You mentioned that you tried to simplify the file by just exporting it with water surface and water surface extents, but did you try with all the data and water surface extents included?

Additionally there is a very similar issue that was resolved in the 2012 release, do you by chance have 2012 installed in which to test?

Seth Hall
Product Owner
Model Builder
Message 3 of 5
blow
in reply to: SethHall

Just tried the export with ALL data with the water extents and got the same error.  I do have the C3D2012 and will install that version and get back to you.  I also found in the HEC-RAS user manual that an ASCI file can be created for C3D import but have to read up on that a little more.  I'll get back to you.

Message 4 of 5
blow

Unsuccessful!  Made sure to check ALL data in the Export GIS data and still obtained the Run-Time Error '9'.  I also tried to install Civil3d 2012 and lo and behold, I cannot install it!!  I get an Internal Error 2738 and I tried deleting the registry keys, temp files, disable antivirus software, you name and still cannot install Civil3d 2012.  Well, back to the HEC-RAS issue, I've sent an message to the Webmaster at HEC-RAS for assistance in creating an ASCII file to be able to create a surface in Civil3d, much like a PENZ-ish type file.  Hopefully they can provide me a solution.  Now to resolve the installation of Civil3d 2012.

Message 5 of 5
Hidden_Brain

you can create a custom table in HEC-RAS with only the river stations and the water surface elevations, then save it out as a text file. massage this file in excel to remove the rows for structures. then save it as a .txt file only with STA in column 1 and WSE in column 2. in Civil 3D, import this file using "Profile from File", then either use feature line offsets or a flat corridor to create your WSE surface. elev 0 of the volume surface between EG and this WSE surface is your floodplain limit for that particular storm event. repeat for other events.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report