AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Active Contributor
Wilbers2013
Message 1 of 4 (227 Views)
Accepted Solution

Grid at Vertical Geometry Point

227 Views, 3 Replies
10-09-2013 03:06 AM

Is it possible to have a profile view grid line at a Profile Vertical Geometry point?

Nik-D
Message 2 of 4 (208 Views)

Re: Grid at Vertical Geometry Point

10-09-2013 04:49 AM in reply to: Wilbers2013

I might be wrong but I take it that you want to be able to snap to a design profile at a specific point and it wont let you. This is because you can't, directly.

What you can do is find the station of the point that you want on the profile in question using the transparency commands and then once you have the station value, put that value into the inquiry tool located in the ribbon bar that pops up when you selct the profile in question. It will then provide you with the elevation at that point. You can then snap an object using the station and elevation transparent command. Its messy but its a workaround.

HTH

Active Contributor
Wilbers2013
Message 3 of 4 (203 Views)

10-09-2013 05:02 AM in reply to: Nik-D

Hi

What I want to displau a grid line at where the profile changes direction.  Like the red line on the image.  There is a option to switch on/off the grid line for a chane in the alignment direction.  I have drawn in the lines now.

Longitudinal Section.png

Nik-D
Message 4 of 4 (190 Views)

10-09-2013 06:23 AM in reply to: Wilbers2013

You can do it as follows:

Select the grade labels you want to extend to the edges of the profile graph. Edit the labels and enter the label style composer.

1. Add a LINE component to the label

2. Make the settings for the line as follows:

LABEL1.JPG

3. Exit and save the changes

4. Select the labels in the profile view and select properties (NOT LABEL PROPERTIES)

5. change the settings in the GENERAL settings as follows:

LABEL2.JPG

The label should now display as you want.

HTH

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs