Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gradual Change from One Assembly to the next - SAC

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
MarcDandy
499 Views, 3 Replies

Gradual Change from One Assembly to the next - SAC

I'm in the process of building a subassembly in SAC. My goal is to have it transition from one cross section to another over a set length (by using station values). I can set it up so that at a certain station it switches cross sections, but I need to have a gradual change.

I've looked at other posts on here, but they all relate to road cross sections and changing slope (at least from what I saw). Any insight as to the proper way to do this (maybe with Auxiliary points and links) would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
hmartinez5
in reply to: MarcDandy

Not quite sure what kinds of changes you want to make to your assembly but have you taken a look at this?

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Transitions-with-a-Sub-Assembly/m-p/4425639

Message 3 of 4
MarcDandy
in reply to: hmartinez5

That sound's like exactly what I'm looking for, just I don't have SAC 2014 installed so I can't open the .skt file.

Message 4 of 4
doni49
in reply to: MarcDandy

@MarcDandy wrote:

That sound's like exactly what I'm looking for, just I don't have SAC 2014 installed so I can't open the .skt file.

I'm in the same boat in that I've had many occasions in which I needed to transition between two assemblies over the course of a specified station range. 

And it looks like I won't have access to C3D until the beginning of the year.  I'm on 2012 until my boss gets 2014 deployed.

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report